Title: Head of Growth
Reports to: CEO
LeagueApps is a fast-growing, venture-backed company that is using data and technology to build the largest community around youth and local sports. We count professional leagues, teams, and athletes as investors and partners, and reach millions of people every day through our best-in-class SaaS platform. We’re looking for team members who want to be part of building the greatest local sports company in the world.
LeagueApps operates at the intersection of sports, technology, and community. Our sports management platform powers youth and recreational sports organizations across the country, making sports seamless — in everything from registration to payments to communications. More than software solutions, we’re creating community, serving as a thought-leader and bringing insights on such important topics as encouraging girls in sports, injury prevention for youth players, and how technology will affect the future of sports.
The Head of Growth is responsible for identifying, defining, and quantifying new business opportunities in order to drive product and business innovations and revenue. This business-focused position develops new products and business models for LeagueApps.
- Define future revenue streams and business opportunities that leverage LeagueApps platform
- Responsible for the development of business cases, scoping products, assessing the competition and market segmentation
- Serves as the business lead on innovation projects to assure maximum return in investment taking into account risks, market size, investment, and margin
- Develop the entire end-to-end plan to develop, launch and grow new revenue streams
- Works with management to define investment levels, costs, resources, timing, risks
- Creates a path to understanding desirability, feasibility, and viability of new product efforts and solicit buy-in and resources again project plans
- Evaluates the progress of innovation and adjusts the pace or direction of new projects in accordance with the company’s short-term and long-term strategic goals
- Investigate buy/build/partner opportunities or third-party partnerships
- 5+ years of related Product Management or Project Management experience
- MBA or equivalent highly desirable
- Extensive expertise in product definition and product development
- Demonstrated skill at leading a cross-discipline team
- Ability to present highly complex, technical, or difficult messages clearly and persuasively
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to express complex technology concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire new knowledge and skills as required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize clearly and manage finite resources
- Uses facts to drive decisions
- Strong business/financial acumen
- Must be able to collaborate with executives, creative teams, research and development, and product development teams
Working at LeagueApps:
- Equity Grants
- Health Benefits! Medical, Dental, and Vision Health coverage
- We'll pay for your sports leagues!
- Computer, Cell Phone, and Gym Subsidies
- Culture and work environment that emphasizes teamwork, passion, learning, and fun. Check out our Instagram to see for yourself
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering, and grant-making