If the highlight of your day is a sports highlight, then this opportunity may be for you.
LeagueApps, a fast growing sports technology company that provides a software platform to power local sports communities, is looking for a marketing intern.
LeagueApps employees love being part of a team, are eager to learn and master new skills, and are inspired by the opportunity to combine passion and purpose to shape the future of sports. We empower smart, ambitious, talented, and determined individuals to be difference makers at our company, for our partners, and for the communities that we serve.
LeagueApps is a fast-growing, venture-backed company that is using data and technology to build the largest community around youth and local sports. We count professional leagues, teams and athletes as investors and partners, and reach millions of people every day through our best-in-class SaaS platform. We’re looking for team members who want to be part of building the greatest local sports company in the world.
The Marketing Intern will be a self-starter with strong research and communication skills that is looking for a substantive internship experience. You spend your time involved with local sports - think intramurals, at the rec center or organizing pick-up games. You wonder why technology isn't making these experiences better.
A few reasons why you would join LeagueApps:
- You love Sports, Start-ups, and Technology!
- You want to work in an environment where ESPN is playing in the background and out-of-the-office activities include shuffleboard tournaments or a potential field trip to a laser tag thunderdome.
- You are gritty enough to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to be successful.
- You want to be a Difference Maker. You want to take on real responsibilities that make a difference, give you a valuable work experience, and inform your future career path.Here is the scouting report. Tell us if you’re the right person for the position.
Marketing Internship Responsibilities could include:
- Social media growth hacking
- Spearheading sports specific research to shape strategy
- Research prospective business development partnerships in new sports verticals and markets
- Work with management team on market and competitive research
- Support the design and execution of various events
- Work with the marketing team to do in-depth research, create social media content, prepare for webinars, and support community-building events
- During the interview process, we'll narrow down your interests and create a more tailored set of responsibilities for the duration of your internship.
- You love technology, startups and sports
- Natural understanding of social networks and online communities
- Entrepreneurial minded, innovative thinker, creative problem solver
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Terrific and thorough researcher
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and/or Keynote required. HTML and Photoshop skills preferred
- Entrepreneurial problem solver
- Internship will be part-time
- Office Location: 38 West 21st Street, NY,NY, 10010
- Credit as part of experiential learning coursework